No parent wants to use products with harsh or potentially unsafe ingredients in them on their babies. We have brought you three top rated baby shampoos that are all natural and safe for your little ones, no matter how young they are. In these reviews, you will learn what makes these products great, what they are made with and why they are better than the rest.
As babies have developing skin, therefore, you are always supposed to look for those best baby shampoo’s which are potentially free from the harsh chemicals, preservatives, and fragrance. Ideally, the best baby shampoo should possess the mild cleaning powers with a higher focus on the keeping the child’s skin safe and secure.
If you have landed on our page then, chances are that you are still searching for the best baby shampoo which could perfectly clean your baby’s head without causing any damage to their eyes and delicate skin.
Well, throw your worries away because we are here to solve your problem. Today, we have decided to review some of the best baby shampoos in order to make your life easier.
The purpose of our detailed reviews is to provide education and knowledge about specific products that people use and purchase regularly. Our reviews will give you the detailed information and will save you time, energy and money too.
- 10. Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
- 9. Aveeno Baby Mommy & Me Gift Set, Baby Skin Care Products
- 8. Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo For Hair & Body
- 7. Weleda Calendula Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
- 6. Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash
- 5. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- 4. Johnson’s Baby Tear Free Shampoo
- 3. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula
- 2. Baby Dove Tear Free Shampoo
- 1. Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Gentle Baby Wash
10. Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
- Unique liquid shampoo foams when massaged in the hair and helps remedy cradle cap
- Natural & organic ingredients with skin conditioners
- hypoallergenic and paraben free
Bella B Bee Gone is one of the most recommended baby shampoos for the removal of the cradle cap. Its price is low but this product is comparable to a premium shampoo regarding performance. Why? Because it can quickly remove stubborn cradle cap in just a few washes. But you have to be aware. The first time you use this shampoo, it will look as if the cradle cap has gotten worse. What looks like a flare-up of cradle cap is loosened skin patches. You can prevent this from happening by brushing your baby’s cradle cap while at the bath. The best way to use this baby shampoo is to let the lather sit on top of the baby’s head for around 2-3 minutes. Let it work its way down to penetrate the inner layer of the skin scabs. Once the skin patches are thoroughly soaked, use a soft brush to remove the baby’s cradle cap. Rinse and repeat as needed, while the baby is playing in the bathtub. Cradle Cap is dry, flaky skin on the scalp, a common occurrence with babies. Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap shampoo is specially formulated with: oatmeal, vitamin E, organic shea butter and aloe Vera, as well as, several organic flower extracts and pharmaceutical grade tea tree oil. Excellent as a daily shampoo to maintain a very soft and healthy scalp. Hypoallergenic formula that is free of parabens (artificial preservatives). It does provide very light, fresh scent, and you can use it daily or as needed.
9. Aveeno Baby Mommy & Me Gift Set, Baby Skin Care Products
- Aveeno Baby Essential Daily Care Baby & Mommy Gift Set with 8 items designed to nourish babies & pamper moms with Skincare lotions contain soothing natural colloidal oatmeal & bath products contain...
- This set makes a great baby gift for new & expecting moms.
- Baby gift set is from Aveeno, a pediatrician recommended brand for over 60 years. The collection essential skincare products in this gift set are designed for daily nourishment and includes a 100%...
Pamper yourself and your baby with AVEENO Baby Mommy & Me Gift Set, a selection of products for newborns and moms. The collection of baby washes and shampoo, lotions, and creams contain the naturally soothing scents of lavender, vanilla, and chamomile, along with the routine of bath and massage help calm and comfort babies. This gift set also includes a bonus 100 percent natural cotton blanket and a reusable canvas box. From a pediatrician-recommended brand, this set is an ideal gift for new and expecting moms. With everything from baby lotion and shampoo to lavender and chamomile body wash, the Aveeno Baby Mommy & Me is just as much a gift for mom as it is for baby. It’s also a great comprehensive bathing set for grandparents to keep on hand for those unexpected family visits. The Aveeno brand is most trusted for its use of natural ingredients. Oat is the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologists. As a skin protectant active ingredient, oatmeal can help restore skin’s normal pH and aid in the maintenance of the skin’s moisture barrier helps prevent and protect dry skin.
8. Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo For Hair & Body
- 8-fluid ounce bottle of gentle cleansing Aveeno baby wash and shampoo with natural oat extract
- The rich lathering wash & shampoo formula rinses clean & leaves behind a light, fresh fragrance.
- The formula is tear-free, soap-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and phthalate-free. It rinses clean without drying
Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo blend natural oat extract into a rich lathering cleansing wash that cleans without drying because it is soap free and allergy tested. This tear-free formula can be used on skin and hair for gentle cleansing that rinses clean, leaving a soft, fresh fragrance. Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo is formulated to be gentle enough for infants, and babies’ sensitive skin. It’s tear free, soap free and paraben free. Bath time is supposed to be a calming ritual to get your little ones ready for bed. But for anyone who’s tried to juggle a squirming newborn or wrangle a toddler and big kid into the bath, it’s often more chaotic than calm. The good news is that Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo at least helps make the process run a bit more smoothly: it does a great job of getting your babe fresh and clean, the bottle isn’t super slippery and it’s easy to dispense what you need, without waste. Plus its paraben free and formulated with skin-soothing oat extract. Gently cleanse your baby’s skin and hair with Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo, which features a tear-free formula that gently cleanses without drying. For babies with sensitive skin, this tear-free formula gently cleanses without drying. Pediatrician-recommended, the formula contains natural oat extract, which helps soothe while gently nourishing delicate skin. The rich lathering formula rinses clean, leaving a light, fresh fragrance. This combination baby wash and shampoo is soap-free, hypoallergenic, and safe for daily use.
7. Weleda Calendula Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
- Mild formulation gently cleanses body and hair and leaves it easy to comb
- Made with a gentle amino acid cleanser derived from fermented sugar and coconut
- Organic calendula extract and almond and sesame oils soothe and help maintain moisture
Formulated with beneficial ingredients like extract of organic calendula, the wash helps to gently lift dirt, leaving skin soft, hair easy to comb and baby’s own scent intact. Sweet almond oil prevents dryness, and the soft lather doesn’t sting baby’s eyes. No tears, no tugs, no roughness – just a clean, sweet-smelling, wriggly baby. Essential oils have become so popular, they’ve trended their way into your baby’s shampoo. Weleda Baby Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash contains these fragrant elixirs, and you’ll notice the tangy smell as soon as you pop open the tube. Calendula oil (a.k.a. marigold) promises to soothe skin, while sweet almond moisturizes. This baby shampoo and wash is certified Natural Personal Product Care, adhering to a set of guidelines that dictate whether a product can be deemed “natural.” This means it’s not tested on animals, made with biodegradable ingredients and environmentally responsible packaging, and avoids ingredients with a human health risk. Weleda Calendula Baby Care, a range of products tried and tested for over 50 years, promotes the healthy development of a resilient skin. The calendula helps regulate the skin and envelops it in a warming, protective mantle. Weleda carefully selects and blends skin-friendly, natural essential oils, which support the baby in its overall development. The delicate fragrance has a calming, protective effect that gives a sense of security and ensures that the baby’s own scent remains intact.
6. Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash
- BABY SHAMPOO: Make bath time easy with this natural, gentle shampoo and body wash that cleanses and softens baby's delicate, sensitive skin
- BABY BODY WASH: Mild baby wash and tear free baby shampoo come together in one non-irritating formula to cleanse hair and skin from head to toe
- NATURAL BABY CARE: This baby shampoo and body wash has a natural plant based cleansing complex with Soy Proteins that naturally moisturizes skin
Bath time is one of the best times thanks to this simple, tear-free Shampoo and Wash. This natural, plant-based cleansing complex gently cleans your baby’s hair and body leaving your little love clean and baby smooth from head to tiny toe. Now baby’s bath is just as relaxing as yours. Mild baby wash and tear free baby shampoo come together in one non-irritating formula to cleanse hair and skin from head to toe. This baby shampoo and body wash has a natural plant based cleansing complex with Soy Proteins that naturally moisturizes skin. Burt’s Bees Baby Original Shampoo & Wash has a fresh scent that leaves baby’s skin soft, clean, and smelling delicious. Getting soap in baby’s eyes while cleansing their hair is still a huge concern for moms while using this shampoo you don’t have to worry about that as it’s a pediatrician tested & approved tear free formula for baby care. It is suitable for all skin types; it’s even good with dry skin or skin with any form of allergy. The formula is plant based and has soy proteins in it. Being in toxic it contains no parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS. This shampoo cum body wash is amazing; it easily washes away dirt, rinses without leaving any residue and leaves a fresh light fragrance.
5. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- "Best Baby Skincare Products" - the BUMP (2018 Award Winner)
- DEVELOPED BY A TEAM OF DOCTORS: Clinically superior results using gentle, nourishing, pure natural ingredients; CITRUS GROVE: A light, subtle blend of pink grapefruit essential oils and natural...
- NO ALLERGENS OR IRRITANTS: For all skin types, including those with eczema, cradle cap, and sensitive skin; pH-balanced formula provides mounds of tiny cleaning bubbles, sea salt purifies and...
The only tear free baby shampoo available on the market which is sulfate free. It is a blend of cleansers, humectants,and essential oils. This toxin-free and tear-free formula is must have for your baby’s petal soft skin. To keep the blend natural and mild, they have added coconut and sea salt in it, thereby able to do a gentle cleansing of baby’s skin. Its only experience which made doctor’s thinks about adding vegetable moisturizers in baby shampoo to balance the citrus smell. It is hypoallergenic. The tear free formula makes it safe for baby’s daily bath and using from head to toe. It is suitable for all skin types, including those with eczema, cradle cap, and having sensitive skin. There are no harmful chemicals in it such as triclosan, sulfates, formaldehyde, parabens, TEA, DEA, MEA, SLS< SLES, phosphates, parabens, petroleum based ingredients, chlorine, animal by products or caustics. This 99.95% natural blend including grapefruit essential oils and 100% natural botanical extracts has never been tested on animals. If compared to other baby shampoos options available in the market, its only option having more suds, more moisturizers with natural preservatives.
4. Johnson’s Baby Tear Free Shampoo
- 20-fluid ounce trial bottle of shampoo
- Gently cleans hair and scalp
- Formulated for babies
The shampoo is formulated keeping in mind that your baby’s delicate eyes need special care, especially during bath time. It just doesn’t irritate the eye and you won’t see your baby in tears because of the shampoo. Rather it will let your kid enjoy his bath-time. Johnson’s baby tear-free shampoo is gentle and mild. As the name goes, so does the action. The ingredients so used are picked and mixed together to ensure that it causes no harm to your baby’s skin. It won’t make him cry – no stinging, no burning, any irritation or redness. It is again gentle enough to be used for the newborns and even gentle on your pocket. It is a great alternative to other products available in the market. It smells like a clean fresh scent. It is clinically tested and backed by the dermatologists. It is hypoallergenic. It is paraben-free. It is soap free. No added preservatives mean no health hazards in the future. A baby’s delicate eyes need special care during bath time. Johnson’s baby shampoo is as gentle and mild to the eyes as pure water. This baby shampoo’s No-More-Tears formula cleanses gently and rinses easily, leaving your baby’s hair soft, shiny, manageable and clean while smelling baby-fresh. Use Johnson’s baby shampoo during baby’s bath time to gently clean your baby’s hair and scalp.
3. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula
- Tear free formula that blends into a rich, lathering wash that gently cleans your baby's delicate skin and hair without drying
- Formulated with calming organic calendula, our gentle wash & shampoo rinses clean, leaving a soft, fresh fragrance
- Dermatologist tested and formulated to be gentle enough for infant's skin. Pour into hand or washcloth and apply to hair and body
Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula is dermatologically tested and recommended by pediatricians. It is a safe, soothing, tear-free cleanser for babies and kids (and in a pinch, even works well for adults). It contains moisturizing organic calendula, and aloe is hypoallergenic and does not contain parabens, mineral oil, or artificial colors. It has a sweet, flowery scent that is really yummy and not at all overpowering. There are no color additives. It has a soothing organic calendula extract which is derived from the marigold flower which has been used to soothe a dry and sensitive skin. Made up of natural ingredients, it is non-toxic, veganegan, and is safe for the environment as it is biodegradable. It hydrates skin while washing and results in soft and clean hair after the wash. The major advantage of this shampoo is that it rinses out easily. This 2-in-1 product is recommended by dermatologist for a gentle wash. The tear free formula makes a rich lather that cleanses skin properly. Suitable for all skin types, it is a great product for sensitive skin and also for skin with allergies.
2. Baby Dove Tear Free Shampoo
- Tear Free, Hypoallergenic, pH neutral
- Gentle and safety-tested formula is ophthalmologist, dermatologist and pediatrician-tested
- Gentle baby shampoo keeps baby's scalp moisturized and visibly healthy
Keep your baby’s scalp moisturized and hair visibly healthy with Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Shampoo. Formulated with 1/4 moisturizer, this tear-free shampoo helps replenish the essential moisture and nutrients that your baby’s scalp can lose during bath time. The mild cleansing formula keeps your baby’s hair soft and clean, while the light fragrance leaves behind a clean scent. And thanks to its delicate fragrance and hypoallergenic, pH-neutral formula, the shampoo is gentle enough for daily use. Dove won’t irritate your baby’s skin. The reason most do is the presence of harsh chemicals like dyes, phthalates, and parabens. They are absent here. You will love the delicate fragrance. It is gentle enough to be used every day. Forget shampooing on alternate days. It lasts really long as a small amount is enough to make skin soft and clean. You can use them for newborns too and not just infants. It will make hair soft like cotton. You would love caressing.
1. Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Gentle Baby Wash
- 28-fluid ounce bottle of foaming hair and body wash
- Gently cleanses without drying
- Formulated for sensitive baby skin. Free of parabens, phthalates, soaps, or dyes
Johnson has always believed in providing products that are safe for the babies. The products so formulated are made by blending the best ingredients taken from nature and other ingredients that make the product safe and healthy. This is yet another product that is not just good for the hair but also for the body. It is claimed to be much milder than body soap. You must have spotted these in hospitals. Its lather is creamy and moisturizes the skin making it soft and delicate. The soap-free, phthalate free, dye-free, paraben free baby wash is tested by the dermatologists. This product really makes bath time much more convenient for new moms, you don’t have to worry about keeping track of a soap and shampoo, etc. it just simplifies baby’s bath process. It is gentle like pure water. You just need a little amount that can be taken on a washcloth and then massaged onto the baby’s skin and hair for soothing, calming effect. A gentle baby specific cleanser like Johnson’s Head-To-Toe wash is recommended to help cleanse effectively. Before dressing her, apply a gentle baby moisturizer, such as hypoallergenic Johnson’s Head-To-Toe baby lotion, which is clinically proven to be gentle and mild. The only product in the market you can use for infant, baby, toddler or child! It’s completely safe!