Craftsmanship, materials used in manufacturing, technology, and power output are all factors you want to consider when buying a hot water heater. Whether you need a hot water heater for your home, business, or shop, you will need something that is quality manufactured, up to date on technology, and will stand the test of time and performs consistently. I mean, let’s be honest, who likes to throw their money away? We all know how annoying it is to get in the shower and realize that there is no hot water available from the day before. Well, these tankless hot water heaters have put a stop to running out of hot water altogether, providing an endless supply of hot water. Every one of the models listed on our top 10 list below come from reputable manufacturers, and most of them even have a manufacturer’s warranty of some kind, just to ensure you that you will be enjoying your hot water heater for years to come.
- 10. Westinghouse WGRTNG199 199K BTU Natural Gas High-Efficiency Tankless Water Heater with 0.98 Energy Factor
- 9. A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent Gas Water Heater, 50 gal
- 8. Rheem RTG-64XLP 6.4 GPM Low NOx Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater
- 7. WaiWela WM-6.0 Mini Tank Water Heater, 6-Gallon
- 6. Titan Tankless N-160 Water Heater – Newest Digital 2017 Model
- 5. Rheem G100-200 Natural Gas Universal Commercial Water Heater, 100 Gallo
- 4. 150 Liter SUS304 Passive Duda Solar Water Heater Attached Pressurized Tank Evacuated Tubes Hot
- 3. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Propane
- 2. Rheem Propane Outdoor Whole House Low NOx Condensing Tankless 9.5 GPM Water Heater
- 1. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Final Thoughts
- Best Overall Hot Water Heater to Buy in 2017
- Best Budget Hot Water Heater to Buy in 2017
10. Westinghouse WGRTNG199 199K BTU Natural Gas High-Efficiency Tankless Water Heater with 0.98 Energy Factor
- Limited 12 year residential or 5 year commercial warranty
- 98 energy factor
- 11 gal/m at 35-degreef temp rise
From a manufacturer that claims that their products, pave the way for the heating industry, and provide some of the best water heaters on the market. This tankless heater by Westinghouse has a 3.5-gallon capacity and a built-in fire tube heat exchanger. The Westinghouse WGRGHNG199 11 GPM High-Efficiency Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater with Built-in Recirculation and Pump will provide in this hot water, with a built-in recirculation. This Westinghouse Heater requires no minimum flow rate, house 3.5 gallons of water. This unit is wall mountable to save space and is compliant with the NOX emissions limit, and his bill with the highest-grade materials available on the market. The Westinghouse WGRGHNG199 heater has a limited warranty and backs up their products hundred percent.
9. A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent Gas Water Heater, 50 gal
- Features an exclusive 3-position rotatable blower outlet which adds flexibility
- Dynaclean II dip tube optimizes inlet water pressure to minimize cold water regions within the tank
- State-of-the-art electronic gas control provides more precise temperature control; LED control light displays operation status information
A.O. Smith water heaters have been making quality hot water heaters since 1948. By 1996, A.O. Smith was the world’s largest water heater manufacturer with the daily production of over 10,000 units. This 50-gallon natural gas hot water heater has a fully submerged coil heat exchanger for 96% thermal efficiency. the side and top caps to allow access for possible and radiant heat connections. This product comes with a six-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and Slate as a long time industry leader, and a trusted name in their market.
8. Rheem RTG-64XLP 6.4 GPM Low NOx Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater
- Propane Tankless Water Heater
- 6.4 gal/min. at 35 Degree Rise
Rheem has been an upstanding company since 1925. Rheem originally created steel drums and other products. In 1930, Rheem began manufacturing water heaters, boilers, and tanks. Rheem has a history of manufacturing quality, trustworthy products, and they are known as the best at everything they do, hands down. This Rheem Propane Tankless Water Heater has a 4.5-star rating, a 6.4 gallon per minute rate, or 35° rises. This heater includes a UMC-117 Remote control and 10 feet of thermostat wire. This is a tankless heater that will provide an endless supply of hot water, and it is also a low NOx version.
7. WaiWela WM-6.0 Mini Tank Water Heater, 6-Gallon
- Under sink installation, floor or wall mount
- Install at point-of-use
- Adjustable thermostat with overheat protection
Since 1977, WaiWela has been committed to building quality products with the highest-grade materials, have been committed to energy conservation as well as environmentally sound products. This product has a 3.6-star rating from previous buyers and a six-year limited warranty on the tank as well as a two-year warranty on parts from the manufacturer. With under the sink installation, floor mount or wall mount, this hot water heater is versatile and durable and will last for years to come. There is an adjustable thermostat with overheat production, and don’t let the price scare you, WaiWela is known for combining quality materials and efficient manufacturing techniques to produce affordable solutions to everyday problems., according to customer feedback, they do just that.
6. Titan Tankless N-160 Water Heater – Newest Digital 2017 Model
- Save up to 60% on hot water energy while having endless hot water that never runs out.
- For medium and larger homes where incoming water temperatures are 65 degrees F or higher
- Purchase from Amazon seller tankless_store, perfect feedback and fast service!
With a 4.4-star rating from previous buyers, this Titan Tankless N–160 Water Heater will save you up to 60% on hot water energy while having an endless supply of water. This heater is designed for use in medium and larger homes and is best used with incoming water temperatures of around 65°F or higher. This heater saves space, is wall-mounted, and notably 81 times smaller than a standard tank. This product is manufactured in the USA and comes packing. I manufacturer’s limited 10-year warranty. Titan is a respected name brand in their industry. and they encourage you to check out their competitors, which is a good sign that there aren’t any.
5. Rheem G100-200 Natural Gas Universal Commercial Water Heater, 100 Gallo
- 199,900 BTU
- Universal tank design
- Universal space saver design
The Rheem G100-200 Natural Gas Universal Commercial 100 Gallon Water Heater is another quality product from the manufacturers at Rheem. This heater has a 4.3-star review from previous buyers, this universal commercial water heater runs on natural gas, and has a tank capacity of 100 gallons. This device is a space saver, and has a full port and flow brass drain valve and proprietary steel formulation. Known by their competitors even as respected industry leaders, Rheem also offers a three-year tank manufacturer’s warranty and a one-year parts manufacturer’s warranty.
NOTE: This product is 300 pounds or heavier, so keep that in mind when you’re getting a ship your house. (Carriers may not be able to bring the item to the front door)
4. 150 Liter SUS304 Passive Duda Solar Water Heater Attached Pressurized Tank Evacuated Tubes Hot
- Hailstone Resistance: up to φmm (1"), Max Operating Pressure: 100psi, TK-7Y Controller
- 304 Stainless Steel Outer Shell & Stand, Pressurize tank for domestic water supply, 14mm TU1 Copper Heat Pipes, Winter Resistant
- 58mm x 1800mm Three-Target Cu/SS-ALN(H)/SS-ALN(L)/ALN Vacuum Tubes, High Boron Silicon 3.3 Glass
The 150 Liter SUS304 Passive Duda Solar Water Heater from Duda Solar, better known as Duda Diesel LLC, is owned by Brian James Holding a bachelor degree in Science in Engineering, Duda Diesel has a history of being a go-getter, and is a respected and reputable manufacturer, striving to stay USA based, and bring jobs back to the American economy. With a 304 Stainless Steel outer shell, stand, and pressurized Tank for water supply, this hot water heater uses 93 to 96% Sun absorption efficiency and claims to have a lifespan of 70% @ 15 years. Top quality build, this heater is made from food grade stainless steel and has a hailstone resistance of up to 1” if anything ever happens to vacuum tubes and heat pipes that convert the energy into heat should happen to fail, this unit has a backup water heating element and a TK-7Y controller. With a five out of five-star rating, the 150 Liter SUS304 Passive Duda Solar Water Heater is considered a top-of-the-line hot water heater on the market today.
3. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Propane
- Maximum BTUs: 140,000 ; Minimum BTUs: 19,500
- Vent Type: Direct Vent ; Water Connection Location: Bottom ; Water Connection: 3/4 Inch
- Heat Exchanger: Copper; Voltage: AC 120V ; UEF: 0.80 ;Emissions: Low Nox
The Takagi manufacturers have been in business since the early 1950s, and they are a known industry leader in the market. Creating the first tankless hot water heater with an energy-efficient rating of 95%, the Takagi company is dedicated to protecting the environment, sales, quality, and service. The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor Tankless Water Heater has received 87 customer reviews and is proudly holding at 4.7-star rating. this is a 6.6 gallon per minute, 40,000 BTU indoor hot water heater that requires little attention, and gets great results. The manufacturer has backed this product with a 10-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, putting all hot water heaters in his class to shame. It goes without saying you’re getting a quality product, and this is to be expected from the Takagi company.
2. Rheem Propane Outdoor Whole House Low NOx Condensing Tankless 9.5 GPM Water Heater
- .94 Energy Factor (EF) with efficient stainless steel condensing heat exchanger
- 2-Pipe Direct Vent System designed for PVC Pipe
- up to 35-Feet of 3-Feet PVC Pipe or 5-Feet of 2-Feet PVC Pipe
For almost 100 years, the manufacturers at Rheem have been a trusted manufacturer, providing superior products within their industry to people across the world. All of their products carry a one-year, limited manufacturer’s warranty for parts, and a three-year warranty on the tank itself. This model has a .94 energy factor, and a stainless-steel condensing heat exchanger. The Rheem RTGH-95XLP Prestige hot water heater has a digital remote control, 10 feet of thermostat wire, and sits proudly as the industry king, with a flow rate of 26 gallons per minute. this heater holds a five-star rating with previous buyers, and is the known “best on the market.”
1. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Savings of up to 50% on water heating costs. Dimensions :17H x 17W x 3.625D inches ;Pipes fittings :3/4 inch NPT
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments allows control of hot water
- Copper and stainless components designed for efficiency, durability and easy replacement.
The design team at EcoSmart is dedicated to distributing green energy products, With 4.2 out of 5 stars, the EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater will let you save up to %50 on water heating costs. This hot water here is designed for efficiency, durability, and easy replacement. The components are made of copper and stainless steel, and there’s a digital temperature control in 1° increments, allowing you to control the temperature of the hot water in your home. EcoSmart ECO 27 Is visibly appealing, and it doesn’t take up a lot of room, so you will have more room for extra storage. EcoSmart is a well-known manufacturer of water heaters, and they backed their products up with a lifetime guarantee.
When you’re picking out curtains for your living room, it can be strictly a matter of personal preference and matching colors. When you’re buying something that heats the water in your home, you want to make 100% sure that you’re getting a quality product. Hot water heaters can cost in excess of $2000, and when your hot heater starts and ends every day, they are a force to be reckoned with. Most of the manufacturers on this list back up their products with at least a one year manufacturer’s warranty and have developed a reputation for building top quality products. Each of these hot water heaters has been evaluated for energy efficiency, capacity, customer reviews, price, and manufacturer reputation. There is no question, these are the best hot water heaters to buy in 2017!
Best Overall Hot Water Heater to Buy in 2017
Rheem Propane Outdoor Whole House Low NOx Condensing Tankless 9.5 GPM Water Heater
Best Budget Hot Water Heater to Buy in 2017
Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Propane