Whether you have children, pets or fly solo, unexpected messes are a part of everyday life. If you’re in a hurry, it doesn’t make sense to pull out your vacuum to get rid of the cookie crumbs your two-year-old scattered on the carpet. Why expend what’s left of your energy on sweeping your kitchen floor after your dinner party guests have left?
There are two types of sweepers. Mechanical sweepers and electric sweepers.
Mechanical sweepers are powered by the simple action of pushing them. A series of gears force the blades or brushes to spin as a sweeper is moved forward or backward. This ensures the sweeper works quietly and efficiently, so customers won’t be disturbed. This also means there is no battery or cord to limit the area or time that you can clean.
Electric sweepers draw power either from a rechargeable battery or an outlet in the wall. This naturally makes them louder than their mechanical counterparts, meaning that, depending on the setting and situation, they may be a distraction when used around customers. For electric sweepers that use rechargeable batteries, it is a good idea to have several replacements on hand in case of an emergency.
- Durability: You have to ensure that you pick a cordless floor and carpet sweeper which is made from top-level material for added durability.
- The price: The price also needs to be checked before you buy a cordless floor and carpet sweeper. Go for something whose price is reasonable.
- Versatility: How many floor surfaces can the sweeper handle? That’s a very important thing you need to check before making a purchase.
- List of the best Cordless Floor Sweepers:
- 10. Bissell Sweep Up 2101-3 Cordless Sweeper
- 9. Carpet Rake by Grandi Groom
- 8. Swiffer Sweep and Vac
- 7. Dirt Devil PD10010 Simpli-Sweep Manual Push Sweeper
- 6. Roto Sweep by Fuller Brush
- 5. OnTel Products SWSMAX Max Cordless Swivel Sweeper
- 4. Shark Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper
- 3. Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet & Floor Sweeper
- 2. Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweep Turbo
- 1. Bissell Natural Sweep Carpet
List of the best Cordless Floor Sweepers:
Most indoor sweeper blades are one of two designs, either brushes or brushless (rubber). When the sweeper is pushed forward or backward, the blades quickly spin to gently, yet thoroughly clean the floor by picking up and depositing dust particles into the waiting dustpans. Both blade types work on many different surfaces and are designed to leave no marks behind.
Here are our top picks for the best cordless carpet and floor sweepers that you can consider getting one for your home.
10. Bissell Sweep Up 2101-3 Cordless Sweeper
The bissell sweep up cordless carpet sweeper picks up lint crumbs and dirt on the forward and return motion. Its a multi-functional sweeper with edge cleaning and can be used on all floor surfaces. This slick sweeper finished in Dirt Devil’s trademark red is environmentally-friendly, a great way to slash your power bills and all for the price of a round of drinks. The design is low-slung meaning you can reach under furniture without needing to mess around. Weighing less than 2 pounds, this sweeper redefines lightweight! For anyone who struggles with mobility, this is a wonderful way to keep on top of cleaning without lugging around a huge vacuum. With the Bissell Sweep Up, there are no batteries and cords involved. Why is this important? Because for one, batteries require charging. Sure, battery-operated floor sweepers have more rotating power, but one of their disadvantages is that they need to be charged from time to time. If you’re looking for a sweeper for a busy place such as your own business establishment, keeping a charge can be impractical. Second, there are other issues related to batteries. For instance, they no longer hold a charge after some time. Replacing them needs extra money and effort. Third, cords can be annoying. For an exceptional and very reasonably-priced carpet sweeper that does not stint on performance, pop the Dirt Devil on your short list. It will deliver in fine style.
- Great for Bare Floors & Carpet.
- Picks up Lint, Crumbs and Dirt on Forward and Reverse Motion.
- No Cord to Plug in, or Dust Pan to deal with.
- Easy to Empty Dirt Pans
- 7 Brush System
9. Carpet Rake by Grandi Groom
The Grandi Groom carpet rake is a versatile tool that is used by Professional Carpet Cleaners worldwide. The Grandi Groom is also cutting a new path in artificial turf installation. Built to withstand the rigors of professional use, the Grandi Groom is the ideal tool for blooming artificial grass. The Grandi Groom’s long nylon tines reach deep into the fibers of any type of artificial grass and pull the blades upright to provide a maximum bloom. Using short strokes over the area, the Grandi Groom quickly works any type of infill material in between the blades. The Extra wide (18 inch) head covers large areas quickly so less time in required to finish a room. Restructure the original design of the carpet to restore the resilient effect. Use a “push-pull” method to raise trapped-in dirt and loosen embedded hair for easy removal. Use a “push-pull” method to lift the carpet pile and make vacuum track marks disappear. If you need a versatile tool that works on soiled traffic lanes, artificial grass, or any place where there is embedded dirt, then you need to give this Carpet Rake a try. Carpet rake is the perfect tool to use as a carpet broom, carpet brush or carpet grooming rake.
- LIFTS PET HAIR
- 18-INCH HEAD
- Restructure the original design of the carpet
8. Swiffer Sweep and Vac
The Swiffer SweeperVac combines a Swiffer dry-sweeping cloth with a cordless hard floor vacuum. It picks up dirt and debris on a variety of hard-floor surfaces, both sucking up particles and collecting them on the cloth. The bagless cleaner is lightweight and portable, weighing only 3.7 pounds and measuring 45.7 x 7.5 x 7 inches (H x L x W). Swiffer Sweep+Vac is a rechargeable, cordless sweeping system designed to clean dirt, dust, and hair. Sweep+Vac uses a thick Swiffer Sweeper dry sweeping cloths to dig deep and pick up dirt from textured grout lines and crevices. Then its powerful vacuum sweeper grabs larger particles like crumbs. The SweeperVac head uses both the Swiffer dry-sweeping cloth and a vacuum with a nine-inch cleaning path. The vacuum sucks up large particles like cereal, crumbs and pet hair. The dry cloth follows the vacuum, collecting smaller particles of dirt and dust. It also picks up particles from grout lines and crevices in hard floor surfaces like tile, hardwood, and laminates. The cloths are disposable, and Swiffer recommends replacing the cloth after every use for the best results, so plan on buying replacements regularly.
- Long lasting rechargeable battery
- 3X cleaning action on dirt, dust and hair
- Combines powerful suction of a vacuum with a Swiffer Sweeper dry sweeping cloth
- Starter Kit
- Lightweight and compact
- Long lasting rechargeable battery
7. Dirt Devil PD10010 Simpli-Sweep Manual Push Sweeper
The design is low-slung meaning you can reach under furniture without needing to mess around. Weighing less than 2 pounds, this sweeper redefines lightweight! For anyone who struggles with mobility, this is a wonderful way to keep on top of cleaning without lugging around a huge vacuum. The double-sided dirt bin is a cinch to remove and empty. With no cord or battery to worry about, all you need to do is grab your Dirt Devil and you’re good to go. No need to rustle around with a cord, or remember to charge. Simply push it to quickly pick up daily messes like crumbs, pet hair or cereal in no time. The super lightweight, compact, low profile design makes storing and grabbing dirt under furniture easy and simple. Plus, the convenient double-sided dirt bin makes for a stress-free cleanup every time.
- Lightweight and compact design for quick pick-ups and easy storage
- Non-electric, no cord or battery needed
- Scratch resistant soft wheels designed for quiet operation
- Low profile design to easily reach under furniture
6. Roto Sweep by Fuller Brush
Boasting a stellar combination of a convenient weight and a compact design, this floor sweeper works at a whisper-silence to ensure that every corner of your home is sparkling clean. It weighs less than two pounds which is a perfect weight for daily usage. The foldable design makes it even better in cleaning hard to reach areas under the seats. Of course, folding also makes it a real space-saver during storage. The Roto Sweep is a rotating hard floor sweeper that does the job of a vacuum in the form of a broom/dustpan. It can clean many things like tile, marble, linoleum, hardwood with no scuffing or scratching. Triple Rotating Brushes that loosen, lift, and channel the dirt & debris onto the onboard dustpan. The Handheld Sweeper is the perfect addition to your assortment of cleaning tools. Store it in your closet, car or RV to quickly gather dirt on both hard floor surfaces and upholstery.
- It also includes a handheld sweeper.
- Works for your car, RV, and household carpet.
- Perfect for all floor types.
- Boasts edge-cleaning, technology.
5. OnTel Products SWSMAX Max Cordless Swivel Sweeper
True to its name, the Swivel Sweeper Max can swivel at a 360-degree angle. That means it should give you excellent maneuverability during the cleaning process. Unlike other brands that limit you to a push-and-pull motion, the 360-degree swivel function allows you to turn to any direction anytime you please. In effect, this sweeper helps you do your job faster. The whole system is equipped with what the manufacturers term as “Four Quad-Brush” technology, which allows dirt to be picked up on all 4 sides of this machine. As if that’s not impressive enough, the bristles are also removable. As you know, some dirt particles such as hair and fur can get tangled in the bristles. If the Swivel Sweeper Max’s bristles are not removable, you might need more time and effort cleaning them up. Another claim is the “Touchless Dirt Tray,” which should allow you to empty dirt without getting your hands dirty. There is also a magnetic storage latch that allows the head to flip up so you can easily store this cleaning tool when not in use.
- Does not require expensive, messy bags
- Low profile design makes clean up under furniture a snap
- Its flat shape fits under tables, couches, and other hard to clean areas
- The Swivel Sweeper Max’s corner brushes spin at 4000 rpm
- Removable, Cleanable, Reusable bristles. Cordless and rechargeable
4. Shark Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper
Keep the Shark Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper within an arm’s reach to handle any kind of a mess. Powered by a 13-inch brush roll, this portable device is loaded with features to whisk up debris of all types and sizes. Plus, thanks to its 2-speed settings, the Shark Cordless Floor and Carpet Sweeper is effective on hard floors and carpets. And with great maneuverability, the Shark BACKSAVER handle, and a no-touch, easy to empty dust cup, there’s no question this Shark makes it a cinch to sweep. With swivel steering and a folding BACKSAVER handle, any spot on the floor is achievable. Corner and edge debris are grabbed by the edge cleaning squeegee, and a 2-speed brush roll can accommodate superior cleaning on carpet and hard floors.
- Powerful Motorized Brush Roll with 13-in cleaning path
- Provides superior cleaning on bare floor and carpet
- Quiet performance
- Edge cleaning squeegee grabs debris from along walls
- Folding Backsaver handle and low profile
- Ultra lightweight plus swivel steering for easy maneuverability
- Easy to empty dust cup to discard debris with the push of a button
- Folding backsaver handle and low profile reach under furniture with ease
3. Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet & Floor Sweeper
For quick removal of debris from tile, low-pile carpet, and wood floors, nothing beats the convenience of this easy-to-maneuver multi-sweeper from the world-renowned Fuller® brush company. The natural bristle rotor brush creates an electrostatic charge that picks up sand, pet hair, salt, crumbs, and even glass with a powerful reversible cleaning motion. Sturdy wheels adjust to different floor heights automatically, and the ergonomic handle folds to the floor, allowing you to easily reach under furniture. Fuller Brush Quality bristles make it safe and efficient on tile, low pile carpet, and all hard floors – with very minimal effort. A compact design with a 7″ wide cleaning path and protective rubber bumper works great on stairs and tight spaces and offers a corner brush cleaning feature. Includes a rotor-brush-cleaning tool. Fuller Brush made with indestructible metal housing with a four section metal handle and a long-wearing, soft vinyl bumper protecting your furniture as it reaches flat under.
- Natural bristles work efficiently on tile, low-pile carpet, and wood floors
- Electrostatic charge picks up sand, pet hair, salt, crumbs, and more
- Large capacity dual-dustpan empties easily
- 39″ ergonomic handle (folds flat to clean under furniture)
2. Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweep Turbo
Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweep Turbo Carpet Sweeper is motorized cordless carpet sweeper, suitable for fast cleaning of various dry messes and for regular in-between cleaning of bare floors and low-pile carpets. Unit is powered via 7.2V battery, providing up to 60 minutes of operation on a single battery charge. It comes with three brushes – one main rotating brush for picking both large and small dirt and debris and two side brushes for cleaning edges, corners and alongside the baseboards and walls. Unit has very low profile and can reach and clean under the furniture, beds and similar obstacles. Since it is very light, it is very maneuverable on both bare floors and low-pile carpets. The Perfect Sweep Turbo Cordless Rechargeable Sweeper provides a convenient and easy way to pick up daily dirt and unexpected dry messes in between routine vacuuming. Since the rotating brush is battery powered, it can quickly sweep up debris large and small with little effort on your part. With a slim design, the Perfect Sweep Turbo is perfect for leaving sitting out or in a nearby closet for quick pick-ups throughout the week.
- 7.2 volts of power
- Easy-to-remove, top loading dirt container
- Safe on carpet, rugs and hard floors
- Up to 60 minutes of cordless cleaning time
- Perfect for in-between cleanings
1. Bissell Natural Sweep Carpet
The Bissell Natural Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper works well in cleaning carpet & hard floor in between routine cleanings without using electricity. This dual brush sweeper is lightweight and compact, the only effort is pushing the sweeper with absolute ease. Bissell Natural Sweeper can easily pick up crumbs, pet hair, dirt, dust and more. It works effectively on low pile carpets, throw rugs, wood floors, and uneven slate floors. Its Dual Rotating Brushes work on both forward and return passes to pick up large debris such as cereal, beads, and crumbs plus fine particles such as dirt, dust, and pet hair. In addition, the Natural Sweep has small brushes placed in the 4 corners of its foot to capture dirt and debris along edges and in corners. Its compact, durable, yet lightweight, design is environmentally preferred, containing no PVC, and contains parts made of 100% recycled plastic. If you are looking for carpet and floor sweeper that is totally efficient, light, easy to maneuver, and gets right under beds, Bissell Natural Sweep is the one for you.
- Dual rotating brushes
- 4 corner brushes for cleaning in corners and along edges
- Safe on carpet, rugs and hard floors
- Perfect for in-between cleanings
- Durable design
We hope you’ve enjoyed these carpet sweeper reviews. Whether you want to clean your floor or carpet, you need to get equipped with the best floor and carpet cleaner. Your buying decision should now be pretty simple. Just one single click away, you’ll say goodbye to the never-ending cycle of house cleaning.